The combination of chai spices, vanilla, coconut and honey makes an ice cream that is delightful and really hard to stop eating. For this recipe you will need an ice cream maker. If you don’t have one you can get a reasonably cheap one that will do the trick at Kmart or Big W or similar department stores.
- images via http://nourishedkitchen.com/
- original recipe adapted by The Good Cake Co via http://nourishedkitchen.com/
- 2 large tins of coconut milk or cream. These are usually about 410g. Tip – it works better if the coconut milk has been in the fridge for a few hours. Also full cream works best.
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of the following spices mixed – ground nutmeg, cloves, and cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup or honey or a combination of both
NOTE: You can replace items 3 & 4 with 2 teaspoons of The People’s Chai which you can get here.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Place in an ice cream maker and chill for about 20 minutes.
- You can now eat it like a soft serve ice cream or freeze for later. If you freeze it for later you will need to let it soften before eating.