Lift your favorite classic dessert like Apple Tarte Tatin with the addition of some spices! Masterchef’s Emma Dean shows you how you can using The Spice People spices.
Tarte Tatin is a French classic and has been enjoyed for many hundreds of years. With beautiful fresh sweet apples and the warm infusion of our Cinnamon Sticks, Saffron Threads and Star Anise, it is the perfect winter warming treat. Watch Channel Tens’ My Market Kitchen’s Emma put her Spice Peoples’ twist on this traditional favorite. For the full recipe visit the link below:
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 6 – 8 apples, cored & cut into 8 wedges
- 200 g caster sugar
- 80 g butter, cubed
- 1 Star Anise Whole
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Pinch saffron
- Pour the butter into a large frypan or your Emile Henry Tarte Tartin dish, and heat over a low heat. Melt the sugar but do not stir. Swirl a little if required to evenly melt the sugar. Once the sugar has melted, take the pan off the heat and add in the butter, a piece at a time, swirling continuously. Add in the spices.
- Place the apples, skin-side down and arrange them in a wheel like pattern. Add a second layer of apples, skin side up, so that they fit snugly between the first ones.
- Cover the apples with Borg’s Puff Pastry, ensuring the pastry fits the edge of the dish.
- Bake in a 180C oven for about 35 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a plate, and serve immediately.
The Spice People is proud to provide My Market Kitchen with high quality herbs and spices for all their flavoring needs. To learn more ways in which the My Market Kitchen team have used The Spice People products take a look at our other video excerpt pages:
- Pork Scotch Steak
- Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
- Crispy-Skin Pork Loin
- Butter Chicken wings
- Thai Vegetable Curry
- Quinoa Fritters
- Kashmiri Tikka Masala
- Butter Cauliflower & Fenugreek Rice
- Smashed Avocado
- The People’s Chai
- Hibiscus Mint Chai
- Golden Spice Chai