Master chef Lynton Tapp makes the perfect crispy skin pork with warm spice infusion that will have your mouths watering!
Crispy-Skin Pork is the prefect winter comfort food. With melt in your mouth succulent pork meat combined with mouth watering crunchy crackling, it’s every pork lovers’ dream. Pork and Fennel are a match made in heaven and with the warm toasty addition of Cumin it’s the perfect marriage of flavors. Watch Lynton from Channel Tens’ My Market Kitchen make his version of Crispy Skin Pork Loin using The Spice Peoples’ Cumin Seeds and Fennel Seeds for the perfect winters night treat.
What you’ll need:
- 1x pork strip loin
- 500 g sea salt
- 2 tbsp The Spice People Fennel Seeds
- 1 tbsp The Spice People Cumin Seeds
- 4 pears, cored & peeled
- 2 rhubarb stalks
- 1/4 cup verjus
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
What to do:
- Using a sharp knife score the strip loin cross ways being sure not to cut all the way through the fat to the flesh.
Rub the fennel and cumin seeds into the scored skin before covering completely in salt and placing onto a large dish and leaving it uncovered in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Meanwhile cut the rhubarb and pears into rough chunks and place them into a large baking dish that can also hold the pork.
Remove the pork from the fridge and scrape as much of the salt from the skin as you can using the back of a knife, discard the salt. Place the pork onto the pear and rhubarb along with the stock and verjus. Place the tray into the oven and cook for 50-60 minutes or until crackling is crispy and the pork is cooked to your liking. Remove the pork from the oven and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile scoop out the pear and rhubarb along with any of the pan juices under the pork and transfer this to a food processor or blender and blitz on high for 1-2 minutes until finely chopped. Adjust the seasoning and serve with the crispy strip loin.
The Spice People is proud to provide My Market Kitchen with high quality herbs and spices for all their flavoring needs. To learn more ways in which the My Market Kitchen team have used The Spice People products take a look at our other video excerpt pages:
- Pork Scotch Steak
- Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
- Apple Tarte Tatin
- Butter Chicken wings
- Thai Vegetable Curry
- Quinoa Fritters
- Kashmiri Tikka Masala
- Butter Cauliflower & Fenugreek Rice
- Smashed Avocado
- The People’s Chai
- Hibiscus Mint Chai
- Golden Spice Chai