Master chef Lynton Tapp makes this healthy and delicious vegetarian alternative to your favorite Butter Chicken. A mild and flavorsome curry the whole family can enjoy!
Butter Chicken is a cult classic and a favorite among many families around the world. But what about for those whom are vegetarian? Watch Lynton Tapp from Channel Ten’s My Market Kitchen use The Spice People’s Feungreek Seeds to create a vegetarian take on a classic butter chicken curry using whole cauliflower. Recipe link and instructional video below.
* In this recipe Lynton uses the street kitchen packet sauce but for a healthier, fresher and more authentic flavour try using our Indian Butter Chicken dried spice blend.
What you’ll need:
- 1 pkt Street Kitchen’s North Indian Butter Chicken*
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 chickpeas tin, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup cooking cream
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 tsp The Spice People’s Fenugreek
What to do:
- Marinate the cauliflower and chickpeas with the garlic and ginger paste and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil over high heat and allow to heat for 3-4 four minutes.
- Add the Butter Chicken spice mix to the hot oil and leave for 5 seconds before adding the cauliflower and chickpeas, saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Butter Chicken sauce and cream, stir and cover with a lid, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook rice along with fenugreek with 4 cups of waters and a pinch of salt.
- Serve garnished with coriander.
The Spice People is proud to provide My Market Kitchen with high quality herbs and spices for all their flavoring needs. To learn more ways in which the My Market Kitchen team have used The Spice People products take a look at our other video excerpt pages: