Make this fast and simple Italian classic with master chef Lynton Tapp using a few fresh ingredients.
The Italian cooking philosophy is that sometimes the simplest dishes are the best. By using only a handful of ingredients you can allow the flavors to shine on their own. Spaghetti is a worldwide favorite and with this sophisticated way of preparing it with just some good quality olive oil, fresh garlic and the subtle hum of our Crushed Chilli Flakes along with a few other simple ingredients, you too can make nonna-quality Italian at home.
For the recipe watch our video below or head to the My Market Kitchen site link below:
What you’ll need:
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large purple garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 – 3 tsp The Spice People’s Crushed Chillies
- Salt & fresh black pepper, to taste
- Small handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 50 g pecorino, to serve
- 1 pkt spaghetti of your choice
What to do:
- Cook the spaghetti according to directions on packet.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan gently heat the oil, garlic and chilli. Continue to cook until the garlic has softened but not browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the pasta is cooked to al dente gently toss it through the aromatic oil and season with salt and fresh black pepper.
- Serve immediately with freshly shaved pecorino.
The Spice People is proud to provide My Market Kitchen with high quality herbs and spices for all their flavoring needs. To learn more ways in which the My Market Kitchen team have used The Spice People products take a look at our other video excerpt pages:
- Pork Scotch Steak
-tatin-video/”>Apple Tarte Tatin
- Crispy-Skin Pork Loin
- Butter Chicken wings
- Thai Vegetable Curry
- Quinoa Fritters
- Kashmiri Tikka Masala
- Butter Cauliflower & Fenugreek Rice
- Smashed Avocado
com.au//shop/the-peoples-chai/”>The People’s Chai
- Hibiscus Mint Chai
- Golden Spice Chai