Learn how to make a traditional Kashmiri Tikka Masala with a vegetarian twist made by master chef Lynton Tapp.
Everyone loves a curry and they can be so easy to make at home whilst maintaining those traditional flavours we all love so much. Lynton from Channel Tens’ My Market Kitchen has made a traditional Kashmiri Tikka Masala using ricotta in place of chicken. Cumin seeds are an essential addition in any Indian dish and Lynton uses our Cumin Seeds Whole to impart flavour and texture to bring this traditional dish to life. Watch our video or click on the recipe link below to make your own curry in a hurry!
*Lynton’s recipe uses the Street Kitchen Tikka Masala packet but for a healthier, fresher alternative why not make your own? Using just 3 Cardamom Pods Whole, 2 Bay Leaves, 1-2 Dried Whole Chillies (depending on heat preference), minced garlic, 1 finely chopped onion, 2 tomatoes, tomato paste, Turmeric Powder and Paprika Hot.
What you’ll need:
- 1 pkt Street Kitchen Tikka Masala*
- 300 – 400 g firm ricotta, cut into 2 cm chunks
- 1 red capsicum, seeded & cut into 2 cm chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into petals
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 3 tsp The Spice People Cumin Seeds Whole
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Marinate the onion and capsicum with the garlic and ginger paste and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over high heat and allow to come to temperature for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spice mix and leave for 5 seconds, add the onion and capsicum and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add the Kashmiri Tikka Masala or homemade paste, stir and cover with a lid, turn down the heat and gently simmer for 10 minutes or until the onion and capsicum is just tender. Gently stir through the ricotta and warm through for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the rice with 4 cups of waters and the cumin seeds and keep warm.
- Serve with rice and yoghurt.
The Spice People is proud to provide My Market Kitchen with high quality herbs and spices for all their flavoring needs. To learn more ways in which the My Market Kitchen team have used The Spice People products take a look at our other video excerpt pages: