Watch Liz and Lynton make a flavor-packed version of your favorite smashed avocado.
Smashed Avocado has become a breakfast cult classic around Australia. Almost every cafe you visit these days has their version but eating out can become an unattainable and expensive luxury. However, it’s actually incredibly easy to make your own at home. Using wonderful fresh ingredients, you too can create that cafe quality. Follow Liz and Lynton on My Market Kitchen and watch how we put the ‘Spice People’ twist on this brekky favorite using our Crunchy Egyptian Dukkah. For the recipe take a look at our video or click on the recipe link below:
What you’ll need:
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 loaf sourdough, cut into thick slices
- 1 tsp The Spice People’s CelerySeasoning Salt
- 1 tbsp The Spice People’s Egyptian Dukkah Crunchy
- 6 mint leaves, finely chopped,
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 75 g goat’s cheese
What to do:
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the flesh out of 3 ripe avocados and into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Season with the celery salt, lemon juice, mint leaves and goat’s cheese, stirring to combine.
- Pour olive oil into a saucepan on medium-high heat and begin toasting the sourdough, until nicely burnished.
- To serve, plate the toast and dollop the smashed avocado on top, then garnish with a few torn mint leaves and a final sprinkle of Egyptian Dukkah Crunchy.
The Spice People is proud to provide My Market Kitchen with high quality herbs and spices for all their flavoring needs. To learn more ways in which the My Market Kitchen team have used The Spice People products take a look at our other video excerpt pages: