Master chef Emma Dean makes a versatile Thai yellow vegetarian curry using The Spice People’s spices.
Make your Meat-Free-Monday exciting with a flavorsome and exotic Thai Yellow Vegetable Curry. Everyone loves a traditional curry sauce but with the addition of our Turmeric Powder and Saffron Threads you can make your pilaf rice a delicious dish in itself rather than just a side. The vibrant colors and flavors of Thai Yellow Vegetable Curry will bring your rice to life and mimic and compliment the wonderful flavors in your curry sauce.
Thai Yellow Vegetable Curry with Saffron and Turmeric Rice: We have a video link below
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 1 large handful green beans, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Pinch saffron
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- Handful currants
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 pkt Street Kitchen Yellow Thai Curry or use the following ingredients:
1 tbspn of Bombay curry madras powder,1cup coconut milk, 1 chopped tomato, 1 chopped onion, 2 garlic cloves crushed.
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté the potato and sweet potato for a minute or two with the dried spice mix, to get a little bit of colour.
Add in the Street Kitchen Yellow Thai Curry paste( bombay madras curry powder, onion,garlic and chopped tomato) and the eggplant and cook until fragrant. Add in the coconut milk and simmer until the vegetables are just soft and then add in the green beans and the peas.
- While curry is simmering, make your saffron/turmeric rice.
- Heat the oil in another pan and gently fry the turmeric and saffron for about 20 seconds until just fragrant and then add in the rice. Cook stirring, until the rice is touch hot and then add in the currants. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat down to very low and put the lid on the saucepan. Cook for a further 15 – 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is soft and fluffy.
- Serve the curry with your saffron rice. Garnish with additional coriander, if desired.
The video is also available on the My Market Kitchen website or watch above:
The Spice People is proud to provide My Market Kitchen with high quality herbs and spices for all their flavoring needs. To learn more ways in which the My Market Kitchen team have used The Spice People products take a look at our other video excerpt pages: