Culinary Notes: With its sweet, fragrant aroma and flavour, this well-known Italian-derived herb is one of the most versatile. Used in a wide range of cuisines, this delicious herb adds a wonderful flavour to just about anything - soups, stews, salads, pasta, you name it!
Health benefits: Basil is a rich source of potassium, manganese, copper and has antioxidant properties. It also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Basil (Ocimum basilicum) is a popular kitchen herb used for flavouring food. It is also widely regarded for its health-enhancing properties. Basil has been a staple of medicine for generations and the herb has been used to treat a variety of different conditions, from inflammation to bug bites.
Ingredients: 100% dried Basil Leaves
Country of origin" egypt
How to use:
- Dried basil is best used for dishes that require cooking for long periods of time, such as stews, soups, and casseroles
- By drying the basil leaves it locks in the wonderful flavour and aromas
- It is also particularly useful when the fresh herb is not available - use 1tsp of dried for 1 handful of fresh
- Sprinkle over cut tomatoes with some salt for a fresh, simple side salad
- Combine with olive oil and balsamic for a beautiful dressing
- Use in the cooking process to impart a sweet basil flavour or sprinkle on top of dishes for a finishing garnish