Fruity, spicy and earthy, Ancho Chillies are native to Mexico soil and add a delicious unique warmth to any dish you're looking to add a kick to. We harvest them at their best then dry and grind them into a fine powder. They not only add a spicy, hot kick, but a beautifully fruity flavour that's second-to-none.
All chillies - including Chilli Ancho - contain capsaicin which is known to have many health benefits including boosting the immune system, eliminating inflammation and help with weight loss.
100% dried Ground Ancho Chillies
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling:
wide chile, poblano chilli, Aji, Red Pepper
How to use:
- Combine ground Chilli Ancho, Pasilla and Mulato Mexican chilli for preparing mole sauces. Key ingredient for prepare Mole Poblano, a spicy chocolate chili sauce originating in Puebla
- Use it as key ingredient in red chili, tamales, enchiladas, salsa, soups and any sauce that may need some extra mild heat
- Add it to any savoury recipe to add a spicy kick
- Use it in pozole rojo and roasted vegetable enchiladas
- Combine with salt and rim the glass of your margarita or bloody mary for a spicy kick
- Add a small sprinkle into your whisked eggs before cooking for a spicy scramble or omelette
- This powder has a concentrated, spicy flavour so only 1/4-1/2tsp is needed at a time
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
chilli bbq sauce