Culinary Notes: With similar overtones to the Ancho Chilli, the Pasilla Chilli has a herby aroma with licorice notes and a mind heat. Combined with Mulato and Ancho chillies, it is one of the key ingredients in Mexican mole sauce. Use dry or rehydrated to add an authentic Mexican flavour to many dishes and sauces.
Health benefits: All chillies - including Pasilla Chilli - contain capsaicin which is known to have many health benefits including boosting the immune system, eliminating inflammation and aid to weight loss. Also, it helps with arthritis, cardiovascular disease, gastric ulcers, vascular headaches, infections and respiratory conditions.
Ingredients: 100% dried Whole Pasilla Chillies
Country of origin: Mexico
Other names or spelling: Aji, Red Pepper, chile negro, chile pasilla, pasilla negro, chile pasilla de Mexico.
How to use:
- Re-hydrate the dried Pasilla Chilli by soaking them in hot water for 20 minutes to obtain maximum flavour. Do not soak them longer to avoid bitterness
- Use it to make Mexican moles, adobo sauces and salsas
- In Mexican cuisine, it is used to flavour tortilla soup
- For an authentic Mexican flavour use it with tacos, enchiladas and quesadillas
- Use it in cream sauces dishes, a particularly great addition for fish
- Pasilla Chilli marries well with duck, fennel, fruits, garlic, honey, lamb, Mexican oregano, mushrooms and seafood
- Use it in recipes such as Texas 3 chillies, Mexican mole and mole chilli
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions how to rehydrate chillies