The dominant flavour in Five Spice comes from star anise with the sweet flavour of cloves and cinnamon that combine to give a sweet tangy profile that works well with rich meats like duck. This exotic and versatile blend is usually used to add sweet but spicy flavour to savoury and sweet dishes.
All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative-free, additive-free, filler-free and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Made from imported and local ingredients including; star anise, fennel, pepper, cinnamon and cloves.
Other names or spelling:
5 spice powder
How to use:
- Use in Asian cuisine in roasted and grilled meats
- Use with tofu, chicken wings, and stir-fried vegetables such as carrots, pumpkin or zucchini
- Sprinkle over muffins, bread, or cookies
- Use to make marinades for pork, duck, chicken, and beef
- Add at the beginning of a dish to impart a sweet, spicy flavour, or as a finishing sprinkle on top after blooming in a warm pan until fragrant
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Season this with that: a great little guide of which spices for with different foods
Vietnamese Beef Stew