Culinary notes: Cinnamon Sticks are a spice obtained from the inner bark of several tree species from the genus Cinnamomum. Cinnamon is used in both sweet and savoury foods to impart a warm spice flavour. In the Middle East, it is commonly paired with meats such as chicken and lamb. The term ‘cinnamon’ also refers to its mid-brown colour.
Health benefits: Cinnamon has many nutritional benefits due to the essential oils contained in the bark of the tree it is obtained from. It contains calcium and manganese as well as antioxidants. It helps to lower blood sugar and cholesterol as well as maintain heart health.
Ingredients: Cinnamon sticks.
Country of origin: Grown in Sri Lanka, Packed in Australia
Other names or spelling: Ceylon Cinnamon, Cinnamon Quills, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum, True Cinnamon, Cinnamon Quills.
How to use:
- Cinnamon sticks are used to infuse flavour into the liquid. Steep then remove and discard before serving
- The sticks can be reused up to four times
- Use to prepare hot cocoa drinks
- Use in eggnog, fruit dessert, and biryani
- Use pieces of cassia stick to flavour desserts
- Use in curries for a sweet, aromatic flavour
- For a standard-sized dish (about 4 people) only 1 quill is needed. If the dish is larger, or you'd like a strong cinnamon flavour, add 2
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions Chai Spiced Coconut and Maple Ice Cream