Rogan Josh is a traditional Kashmiri curry, with roots in Persian cuisine. This aromatic mix of spices and herbs is cooked in butter to make a thick red sauce with an intense flavour. It is typically prepared with lamb, but goat and chicken are also used. Indian cooking is about a starting with a good spice foundation.
All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative free, additive free, filler free and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Made from imported and local spices; paprika, cloves, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, fennel, cardamom, cayenne pepper, chilli powder and Australian sea salt.
How to use:
- Use to make curry dishes with any filling of your choice
- The Rogan Josh curry dishes are usually eaten with steamed rice, pulao (pilaf), various types of bread like naan and chapatti. They are usually complemented with a salad/dip called raita
- The spice blend can also be used to make a spicy dip which is known as Rogan Josh curry dip. It consists of yoghurt, lime juice, coriander, garlic, onions, hot sauce and of course our Rogan Josh curry powder
- Use 1tbsp to 500g of protein
- To release the volatile oils in the spices, this blend it best added at the beginning of cooking
- Use as a dry rub over meat before grilling or roasting for an aromatic outer crust
- Sprinkle over veg before roasting in the oven for a twist on a classic
- Replace an array of spices in a dish with this one handy blend
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Indian Lamb Rogan Josh
Country of Origin:
Other names or spelling: