Culinary Notes: With a delicate spicy citrus flavour, these highly aromatic leaves are picked at their peak and dried to use whole in curries, sauces and rice dishes. These leaves are native to both India and Sri Lanka and are an integral ingredient when making authentic curries.
Health benefits: Curry leaves contain vitamins and minerals and have many health benefits. They contain calcium, phosphorous, irons and vitamins. They have vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B and vitamin E.
Ingredients: 100% dried whole Curry Leaves
Country of origin: Australia
Other names or spelling: Murraya koenigii, curry leaf, Sri Lanka: karapincha, hindi: kitha neem
How to use:
- To get the best flavour shallow fry the whole leaves in oil prior to adding to the dish
- Use them in a similar manner to bay leaves
- In Indian cuisine use them to make Vada, Rasam and Kadhi dishes
- They go well with cardamom, chilli powder, cilantro, coconut, cumin, fenugreek, garlic, mustard, pepper and turmeric
- 1-2 per dish is more than enough to impart a warm, aromatic curry flavour
- Add whole and remove before serving
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions Malaysian Beef Rendang Cream of Celeriac Soup Indian Butter Chicken