Culinary Notes: Dahl is a mild curry made from dried lentils, peas, or beans which have been made into a thick soup or stew. The spices are aromatic rather than hot and are added just before serving. Our Lentil Dahl blend is based on an authentic recipe from Southern Kerala in India. It is dark yellow in colour and is widely used in Indian, Nepali, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, and Bangladeshi cuisine. This is the go-to spice blend for any vegetarian or vegan cook. Its versatility is only limited by one's imagination.
Health benefits: All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial for your health. They are preservative-free, additive-free, and filler-free. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Ingredients: Salt 33%, turmeric, mustard, bell pepper, chilli, cumin whole and ground, coriander, garlic.
Country of origin: Blended and packed in Australia from local and imported spices
Other names or spelling: Curry, Dal, Daal, Dahl, Dhal, Indian
How to use:
- Use 1tbsp to 500g of protein/pulses
- To release the volatile oils in the spices, this blend it best added at the beginning of cooking
- Use as a dry rub over meat before grilling or roasting for an aromatic outer crust
- Sprinkle over veg before roasting in the oven for a twist on a classic
- Replace an array of spices in a dish with this one handy blend
- Use traditionally to make a lentil or vegetarian dahl, or combine with chicken or lamb for a meat option
- Indian Dahl can be eaten with rice, roti (wheat flatbread), dosa, chapati and naan.
- Use to make the popular South Indian dish sambar.
- Mix with chickpeas, cinnamon, bay leaves and cardamom to make South Asian dessert halwa
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions Indian Dahl Lentil Curry South Indian Rice and Fish Soup Amaranth Lentil Curry Spinach and Paneer Lentil Dahl Keralan Fish Curry
what is daal