Culinary Notes: Our Madras Curry blend is a classic and unique blend of herbs and spices that balances mild heat with intense flavor. It is characterized by its yellow color and rich, earthy, and pungent flavor. Combine madras spice mix with yogurt, coconut cream, or tomatoes and onions to give a thick rich texture to the curry. Alternatively, add a teaspoon to soups and stews instead of vegetable stocks. It is typically used in dishes where a milder curry flavor is required.
Health benefits: Our spice blends are better for you as they are preservative-free, additive-free, filler-free, sugar-free, and contain low or zero salt.
Ingredients: coriander, turmeric, mustard powder, cumin, sea salt (13%), cardamom, paprika sweet, and Kashmiri chilli ground.
Origin: City of Madras in Southern India. Packed in Australia from local and imported spices
Other names or spelling: Bombay, bombay curry, indian, madras, madras curry
How to use:
- Use 1 tbsp to 500g of protein
- Spice up your dish by the addition of 1/8 - 1/3 tsp of chilli powder or crushed chilli flakes
- To release the volatile oils in the spices, this blend is best added at the beginning of cooking
- Replace an array of spices in a dish with this one handy blend
- Mix with oil and lemon juice to create a marinade for meat, seafood, vegetables, or paneer cheese
- Sprinkle over veg before roasting in the oven for a twist on a classic
- Use as a dry rub over meat before grilling or roasting for an aromatic outer crust
Keralan Green Bean Vegetarian Curry Goan Prawn Curry Oven-Baked Madras Palak Chicken Madras Meatball Curry