Culinary Notes: This fragrant mild masala spice mix is made with fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, and other aromatics and is an essential ingredient in Â the ubiquitous split-pea stew of South India. A masala is simply a mixture of ground spices. Each state in India has its own blend, and there are countless variations of each. The sambhar masala , gives flavor, heat and texture to sambhar, the regions ubiquitous vegetable stew. The spices are the beauty of Indian food, and through them you can learn the beauty of India,That's what a spice mix like his sambhar masala allows cooks in a college cafeteria and at home to do. Once you have the spice mix perfected, it can be used to bring together a quick curry with shrimp and coconut milk, sprinkled over roasted vegetables or rubbed onto meat headed for the grill or add a couple of teaspoons of it stirred into mashed potatoes with clarified butter. Its versatility is only limited by ones imagination.
Health benefits: All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative free, additive free, and filler free. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Ingredients: Made from imported and local spices: turmeric, mustard, pepper, chilli, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, asafoetida, paprika and fenugreek.
Other names or spelling: Sambhar, Sambhar Masala
How to use:
- Indian Dahl can be eaten with rice, roti (wheat flatbread), dosa, chapati and naan.
- Use to make the popular South Indian dish sambar.
- Use it in curries, stir-fries or simple dishes of roasted or grilled vegetables. It can be rubbed onto meat before grilling or stirred into mashed potatoes enriched with melted butter. The recipe can easily be doubled and keeps well.
- Use 1tbsp to 500g of protein
- To release the volatile oils in the spices, this blend it best added at the beginning of cooking
- Use as a dry rub over meat before grilling or roasting for an aromatic outer crust
- Sprinkle over veg before roasting in the oven for a twist on a classic
- Replace an array of spices in a dish with this one handy blend
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions Vegetarian sth indian sambar soup