Culinary Notes: This aromatic and textural combination of roasted hazelnuts, raw ground almonds, sesame seeds, cumin, coriander, sumac, marjoram, thyme and salt, is one of the Middle East's most renowned spice blends. Used as a main flavour base for meat or veg, or sprinkled on top as a finishing flavour and textural touch, this versatile blend adds flavour to just about anything!
Health benefits: All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative free, additive free, filler free and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Ingredients: Made from imported and local spices; Zaatar, hazelnuts, almonds, sesame seeds, cumin, coriander, and sea salt
Other names or spelling: Duqqa, duka
How to use:
- Combine with olive oil to make a delicious dip for bread or dressing for salads
- Use it as a finishing seasoning on food at the end of cooking or as a flavour base at the begginning
- Use as a crust for lamb, fish and chicken. Simply coat meat with Dukkah and a touch of oil before roasting or grilling
- Use 1tbsp to 500g of protein
- Sprinkle over veg before roasting in the oven for a twist on a classic
- Replace an array of spices in a dish with this one handy blend
- Sprinkle over eggs at breakfast
- Combine with smashed avocado and feta for a delicious dip or spread for toast
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions Egyptian Dukkah Crunchy Egyptian Dukkah Crusted Lamb Cutlets Honey-Glazed Pumpkin and Haloumi with Dukkah Egyptian Dukkah Fishcakes Dukkah-Crusted Chicken Breasts with Roasted Veg Medley
Country of Origin: Egypt