Fennel seeds are from the aromatic and tall fennel plant that's native to the Mediterranean and a member of the caraway family. The seeds can either be used whole or be finely ground. It has a strong anise flavour that is warm and aromatic.
Fennel contains vitamins and has many health benefits. It can help to treat coughs and asthma. It also can be used as an aid to digestion. It contains Vitamin C and Vitamin B.
100% dried Ground Fennel Seeds
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling:
Florence Fennel, Finnochio, Lucknow Fennel Seed, Foeniculum vulgare dulce, Roman Fennel, Common Fennel, the fish herb
How to use:
- Used in curry making, satay sauces, and Asian dishes
- Use to make bread and cakes especially fruit tarts.
- Use it in marinades, curries, or baked goods
- It combines with oregano, parsley, cumin, fenugreek, Sichuan peppercorns, cinnamon, thyme, and sage
- It goes well with lentils, beetroot, pork, potatoes, fish, stews, herb butter, dips, feta cheese, and olives
- Add at the beginning of a dish to impart a sweet, spicy flavour, or as a finishing sprinkle on top after blooming in a warm pan until fragrant
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Toasted spiced nuts for salads
How to make Achari Masala