Culinary Notes: Fennel seeds whole is obtained from the aromatic and tall fennel plant, which originated in the Mediterranean and are a member of the caraway family. The seeds release a strong anise flavour that is warm and breath freshening. It is a key ingredient of the Chinese five-spice and Herbs de Provence
Health benefits: Fennel contains vitamins and has many health benefits. It can help to treat coughs and asthma. It also can be to aid digestion. It contains Vitamin C and Vitamin B.
Ingredients: 100% dried Whole Fennel Seeds
Country of origin: Grown in India and packed in Australia
Other names or spelling: Florence Fennel, Finnochio, Lucknow Fennel Seed, Foeniculum vulgare dulce, Roman Fennel, Common Fennel, the fish herb
How to use:
- The seeds can be crushed and used in salads dressings or sauces
- Used in curry making, satay sauces, and Asian dishes
- Use to make bread and cakes especially fruit tarts.
- It pairs well with oregano, parsley, cumin, fenugreek, Sichuan peppercorns, cinnamon, thyme, and sage
- It goes well with lentils, potatoes, stews, herb butter, dips, feta cheese, and olives
- Add at the beginning of a dish to impart a sweet, spicy flavour, or as a finishing sprinkle on top after blooming in a warm pan until fragrant
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions Toasted Spiced nuts for Salads How to make Achari Masala