Culinary Notes: This delicious and all-purpose blend made from dried herbs and spices gives the traditional flavour and aroma of Greek cuisine to many dishes, both of the meat and vegetable variety. This Greek family favourite is used to season beef, pork, chicken, or lamb. The mix comprises of very traditional mediterranean herbs and spices: oregano, paprika, black pepper, cumin, sea salt, garlic and onion. For best results rub your meat of choice generously with the seasoning and a small amount of oil and roast in a deep-dish pan in a moderate oven.
Health benefits: All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative free, additive free, filler free and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Ingredients: Ingredients: Oregano, paprika, black pepper, cumin, sea salt, garlic and onion.
Other names or spelling: Greek seasoning
How to use:
- Use 2 tbsps to 1kg of meat. Cook meat with olive oil, 1 chopped onion, and juice of a lemon. Serve with minted yoghurt and condiments for wraps.
- Use to add Greek flavour to many dishes including kebabs and salads
- Use to season and marinade lamb, chicken, seafood and fish
- Use to make gyros sauce combining with sour cream or yogurt, cucumber and onion
- Sprinkle over steaks or pork chops
- In Greek cuisine used to add flavour to moussaka and meatballs
- Use at the beginning of a dish as a flavour base or sprinkle over the top as a finishing seasoning
- Combine with yoghurt and crushed garlic to make a yummy dip for meat, pita, chips or fresh veg
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions Road testing 3 of our popular spice blends
Country of origin: Greece