Culinary Notes : With a sweet pomegranate-like flavour, Hibiscus Flowers add a fruity, floral flavour and beautifully pinky hue to sweet dishes, teas, cocktails, or used as a finishing garnish on cakes.
Health benefits: Hibiscus flowers have many health benefits. It contains vitamin C. It is a natural diuretic, controls blood pressure and lowers cholesterol. Also, it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Ingredients: 100% Dried Hibiscus Petals
Country of Origin: jordan
Other names or spelling: Flor de Jamaica, roselle, carcade, karkadé
How to use:
- Use to make hibiscus tea by boiling the petals
- Use to make the Egyptian drink karkade or the West African drink bissap
- Use to make the Mexican drink "Agua de Jamaica"
- Use to make jams, preserves, spices, soups, sauces and marinades
- Use on baked goods
- Use in sweet dishes or as a garnish
- Rehydrate in boiling water to release their flavour to use in cooking, or add to champagne and cocktails for a wonderful floral flavour