A textural and fragrant blend of nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds and cumin, Panch Poran is a traditional Indian blend from the Bengal region. Used to add fragrance, flavour and texture to dishes, this versatile blend can be used in curries, rice dishes, roasted veg and meat and even grilled fish.
All of our blends are full of beneficial spices to your health. Therefore, consuming Indian Panch Poran is a good way to incorporate the health benefits of nigella, fenugreek, fennel, mustard and cumin to your diet.
Made from imported and local spices; nigella, fenugreek, fennel, mustard and cumin.
Other names or spelling:
Padkaune masala, panch puran, panch phoran, panchphoran, panch phutana
How to use:
- For a better flavour fry the seeds before using them
- Use to add flavour to Indian dishes
- It can be used whole if slow cooking or roasted and ground
- Use with fish, lamb or pork curry and eggs
- Use 1tbsp to 500g of protein
- Use as a dry rub over meat before grilling or roasting for an aromatic outer crust
- Sprinkle over veg before roasting in the oven for a twist on a classic
- Replace an array of spices in a dish with this one handy blend
- Bloom in a warm pan briefly until fragrant before adding your other ingredients or before sprinkling the spices over rice dishes as a finishing seasoning
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Indian Panch Poran Potatoes