Culinary Notes: Similar to bay leaves with a shiny green look and strong, tangy lime flavour, Kaffir Lime Leaves are used predominantly in Thai cuisine. We harvest the leaves at their peak and dry and grind them.
Health Benefits: Kaffir lime leaves have many health benefits. They stimulate the digestion and have anti-inflammatory properties. Also, they have anti-oxidants.
Ingredients: 100% dried ground Kaffir Lime Leaves
Country of origin: Southeast Asia
Other names or spelling: Kaffir Lime Leaves, Citrus hystrix, Makrut Lime Leaves, Kieffer, Thai lime, wild lime, Indonesian lime leaves, Kaffir lime
How to use:
- Use lime powder in Thai curries, rice and Asian noodle recipes to impart fresh citrus characteristics to the dish
- Used in desserts and sweet dishes.
- Use as a substitute of fresh lime leaves
- Use in soups, stir-fries and green curries
- They go well with fish, vegetables, noodles rice and squid
- Use them in meats as chicken, pork or poultry
- They combine well with basil, chilli peppers, coriander, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds and anise
- Add in the beginning of cooking to release its volatile oils or as a finishing sprinkle after blooming in a warm pan
- The strong flavour of the kaffir lime powder means only 1/4-1/2tsp is needed
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions Malaysian Beef Rendang Curry