Culinary Notes: This versatile spice blend is a great addition to any pantry. This all-purpose blend is as integral to Middle Eastern, particularly Lebanese, cuisine as garam masala is to Indian cuisine. Also similarly to garam masala the blends of baharat are individual to every region. Use as a marinade, dry rub, or seasoning for many veg, meat or seafood dishes.
Health benefits: All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative free, additive free, filler free and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Ingredients: Made from imported and local spices ; sweet paprika, black pepper, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cardamom
How to use:
- Use to enhance the flavour of lamb, fish, chicken and beef
- Use in tomato sauces, lentil dishes, meatloaf, vegetable dishes and soups
- To create a marinade combine with olive oil and lime juice
- Use 1tbsp to 500g of protein
- To release the volatile oils in the spices, this blend it best added at the beginning of cooking
- Use as a dry rub over meat before grilling or roasting for an aromatic outer crust
- Sprinkle over veg before roasting in the oven for a twist on a classic
- Replace an array of spices in a dish with this one handy blend
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions Lebanese lamb and chick pea stew Braised Baharat Eggplant Lebanese Baharat Chickpea Soup
Country of origin: Lebanon
Other names or spelling: Bahārāt