Used dried in dishes, or rehydrated in boiling water, Lemongrass adds a wonderfully herby, citrus-like flavour to sweet and savoury dishes, teas, and cocktails. Add into your favourite Thai curries to add an authentic flavour, muddle with mint and lemon for a base for a refreshing drink, brew in hot water for a digestion-aiding tea.
In areas of India, lemongrass is considered to be an essential plant in the mind-body medicinal practice of Ayurveda, and is commonly used to alleviate colds and congestion. It is also used to aid in metabolism speed up and alleviate indigestion.
Lemongrass is a naturally-growing herb native to Southeast Asia and the Indian subcontinent. It has a citrusy, herby aroma and a zesty, lemony flavour. Used to flavour curries, stirfries, desserts, cocktails, and tea, this pungent, tangy herb has a flavour and aroma similar to citronella.
This is 100% Australian-grown Lemongrass that's harvested at its peak readiness, dried, and gently crushed for culinary use.
- 100% dried Lemongrass
- Packed in Australia from 100% local Australian products
Country of Origin:
Packed in Australia from 100% Australian grown produce
Other names or spelling:
How to use:
- Brew in hot water with herbal tea or other herbs for a digestion-aiding, warming tea
- Add into creamy desserts like ice cream and custard for an Asian-inspired twist
- Combine with sugar and water and simmer on the stove to make a simple syrup before combining with fresh lime, white rum, and soda for an Asian-inspired cocktail
- Add into your favourite curry base for an authentic flavour and citrusy kick
- Use dried or rehydrate in warm water before use