With a sweet anise flavour, Licorice Root can be used in both sweet and savoury dishes as well as brewed in teas. Paired perfectly with vanilla and anise, bloom them in a warm pan before using.
Licorice has anti-inflammatory properties and helps reduce gastric inflammation
100% dried Licorice Root
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling:
Black Sugar, Spanish Juice, Sweetroot, Sweetwood, Glycyrrhiza glabra, Liquorice, Jathimadh, Liquirizia, Reglissa, Sweet Wood
How to use:
- Use sparingly as it is very sweet
- Use in marinades and tea
- Use it as a confectionary flavouring
- Infuse in compotes of fruit
- In Chinese cuisine is often used with star anise, Szechuan Pepper and Ginger.
- Use in master stocks and other savoury dishes
- Add at the beginning of cooking to best impart its flavour