Derived from the Spanish word 'adobar', meaning 'to marinate', Mexican Adobo Seasoning is a staple in Latin American and Mexican cooking. This flavourful blend is as versatile as it is delicious with a myriad of uses that extend beyond its namesake and can be added to just about any dish to add a big hit of flavour. Our version of Mexican Adobo Seasoning is a mild one making it suitable for the whole family.
All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative-free, additive-free, filler-free, and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Made from imported and local spices including:
Sweet paprika, turmeric, sea salt (9g), cumin, garlic, onion, oregano, black pepper, ancho chilli pepper, lemon peel. NO sugar, additives, or preservatives.
How to use:
- Mix with olive oil, orange or lime juice to create a wet marinade that can be used to coat meat, fish, or seafood before grilling or roasting
- Sprinkle over veggies before roasting
- Rub over corn cobs with olive oil before placing on a hot grill
- Add to a tomato or vegetable soup in the beginning stage to release the essential oils in the spices
- Rub over meat before placing in the slow cooker with stock and veggies for a wonderful Mexican-inspired stew
- Use 1tbsp to 500g of protein
- To release the volatile oils in the spices, this blend it best added at the beginning of cooking
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Adobo Chicken with Coriander Rice
BBQ’d Adobo Prawns with Lime Mayo
Grilled Mexican Corn
Adobo and Apple Braised Pork Belly