This versatile blend of chilli powder, sweet paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic, onion, and salt adds a burst of Mexican flavour to any meat, seafood or fish dish. This classic blend is typical of Mexican cuisine but this perfectly balanced combination of spices can be used in an array of cuisines, or just to add a big hit of flavour easily and instantly!
All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative-free, additive-free, filler-free and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
cumin, paprika, sea salt(15%), chilli, garlic, onion and oregano
How to use:
- The blend can be made into a fiery harissa paste by adding 1/2 tsp each of caraway seeds and dried mint combined with 2 tbsp of Mexican Tex Mex, blended with a ¼ cup olive oil.
- Use for chilli, taco, fajita and enchilada seasoning
- If you want a hotter version you can add cayenne pepper, chipotle chilli powder or chilli ground
- Use 1tbsp to 500g of protein
- To release the volatile oils in the spices, this blend it best added at the beginning of cooking
- Use as a dry rub over meat before grilling or roasting for an aromatic outer crust
- Sprinkle over veg before roasting in the oven for a twist on a classic
- Replace an array of spices in a dish with this one handy blend
- Rub over meat and place in a pot with veggies and stock for a beautiful Mexican-inspired slow-cook
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Mexican BBQ pork ribs
Mexican Chicken Salad
Mexican Beef Bolognese
Tex Mex Fish Fingers with Guacamole
Mexican Halloumi and Veg Bake
Country of origin:
Blended and packed in Australia from local and imported spices
Other names or spelling:
Mexican spice blend