Black Mustard Seeds have a mild and slightly sweet flavour and pungent aroma. The seeds can be used whole after blooming in a warm pan or ground in a mortar and pestle to rub on meats or toss through veggies before roasting. It releases an earthy aroma when cooked and a savoury and tangy taste.
Mustard is a good source of omega 3, minerals and have many health benefits. It contains iron, calcium, zinc, and magnesium.
100% dried Black Mustard Seeds
Country of origin:
Grown and packed in Australia
note on occasion the product may be sourced from other countries such as Canada or India.
Other names or spelling:
Brown mustard seeds, black mustard seeds, Yellow Mustard, Brassica alba, Rai, Lal sarsu, White mustard, Brassica hirta, brown mustard, Brassica juncea, black mustard, Brassica nigra, black mustard seeds.
How to use:
- Combine with lemon juice, tarragon and vinegar for a salad vinaigrette
- They combine well with bay, chilli, coriander, cumin, dill, fenugreek, nigella, parsley, tarragon, turmeric, garlic, pepper and paprika
- Use in Indian curries, spiced rice & stir-fry dishes
- Use in chutneys and meats like chicken, lamb, pork, turkey, beef and ham
- Bloom in a warm pan before using to release their volatile oils
- Their pungent flavour means only 1/2-1tsp at a time adds a deep mustard flavour
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Season this with that: a great little guide of what spices go with different foods