Culinary Notes: This classic Cajun combination of sweet paprika, cumin, mustard powder, oregano, thyme, garlic, black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt is smoky, spicy, sweet and super-aromatic. This blend is a medium heat, but you can add a little extra cayenne pepper to ramp up the heat!
Health benefits: All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative free, additive free, filler free and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Ingredients: Made from imported and local ingredients; sweet paprika, cumin, mustard powder, oregano, thyme, garlic, black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt
How to use:
- When rubbed onto lamb, chicken or fish before barbecuing gives the meat a charred look which seals the juices in and keeps the crispy texture and flavour of the spice blend coating the meat
- Cajun spice is also great in gumbos and jambalayas
- Use 1tbsp to 500g of protein
- To release the volatile oils in the spices, this blend it best added at the beginning of cooking
- Sprinkle over veg before roasting in the oven for a twist on a classic
- Replace an array of spices in a dish with this one handy blend
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions Chicken Jambalaya