With a nutty, sharp flavour and a pungent aroma, Nigella Seeds are predominantly used in Turkish, Middle Eastern and Indian cuisines. Use as a finishing garnish for texture and flavour or to add a sharp, zesty flavour to your curries, sauces and stews.
100% Whole Nigella Seeds
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling:
Black cumin seed, black cumin, black caraway seed, black onion seed, kolonji, love-in-a-mist, Nigella sativa, Nigella, Kalonji, Charnushka
How to use:
- Use to make curries and vegetarian dishes
- Use to flavour curries, dhal, rice, salad, chicken, chutneys, lamb and yogurt.
- Use for Arabic blends and garam masala recipes
- Use in flatbreads and savoury biscuits and pastries
- Use as a pepper substitute
- It goes well with mustard, cumin, fennel, fenugreek, allspice, cardamom, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, pepper and turmeric
- Use to season legumes, beans and vegetables dishes.
- Sprinkle on naan, breads and rolls
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
West African Satay