A warm, highly-aromatic sweet spice that's used to add a spiced warmth to both sweet and savoury dishes. Its flavour and aroma is quite pungent and can be overwhelming, so use sparingly.
Nutmeg has many health benefits. It can be used as aid to digestion and to sleep. Also, it can protect the brain against degenerative diseases.
100% dried Whole Nutmeg
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling:
Muskat, Muskatnuss, Myristica fragrans
How to use:
- Use whole during cooking and remove before serving
- Shave or grate over dishes
- Use it in cheese sauces, seafood, lamb, casseroles, soufflés, pasta, ricotta fritters, rice dishes, and stuffing.
- Use as a topping in eggnog
- Use in potato dishes, milk drinks, sauces and meatballs and sausages.
- Use in apple pie spice and pumpkin pie spice
- Use in split pea, cream and pumpkin soup and tomato soups
- Use it in cakes, muffins, breads, pound cake, biscuits and roasts
- It goes well with cardamom, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, ginger, mace and pepper
- Its flavour is quite strong, so grate about an 1/8-1/4 of the nutmeg and taste and smell as you go
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Moroccan Carrot Soup
Chai Banana Cake
Chai Spiced Coconut and Maple Ice Cream