Culinary Notes: A warm, highly-aromatic sweet spice that's used to add a spiced warmth to both sweet and savoury dishes. Its flavour and aroma is quite pungent and can be overwhelming, so use sparingly.
Health benefits: Nutmeg has many health benefits. It can be used as aid to digestion and to sleep. Also, it can protect the brain against degenerative diseases.
Ingredients: 100% dried Whole Nutmeg
Country of origin: Sri Lanka
Other names or spelling: Muskat, Muskatnuss, Myristica fragrans
How to use:
- Use whole during cooking and remove before serving
- Shave or grate over dishes
- Use it in cheese sauces, seafood, lamb, casseroles, soufflés, pasta, ricotta fritters, rice dishes, and stuffing.
- Use as a topping in eggnog
- Use in potato dishes, milk drinks, sauces and meatballs and sausages.
- Use in apple pie spice and pumpkin pie spice
- Use in split pea, cream and pumpkin soup and tomato soups
- Use it in cakes, muffins, breads, pound cake, biscuits and roasts
- It goes well with cardamom, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, ginger, mace and pepper
- Its flavour is quite strong, so grate about an 1/8-1/4 of the nutmeg and taste and smell as you go
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions Moroccan Carrot Soup Chai Banana Cake Chai Spiced Coconut and Maple Ice Cream