One of the world's most popular, well-known herbs, Oregano is grown throughout the Mediterranean and has a sweet, yet slightly bitter, savoury, herby flavour that adds warmth and fragrance to many savoury dishes like pasta, soups, stews, slow-cooks and dressings.
Oregano contains thymol and carvacrol that give it anti-bacterial effects. It functions as potent antioxidant and a good source of fibre. Also, it is a good source of vitamin K, manganese, iron, calcium and other important minerals for health.
100% dried Ground Oregano
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling:
Rigani, Wild Marjoram, Origanum vulgare, Origanum vulgare
How to use:
- Oregano Ground is good addition to many tomato-based dishes, as pasta sauces and pizza toppings. It is used in a variety of international cuisines
- In Turkish cuisine, it is used for flavouring meat, especially for mutton and lamb. It can be used with paprika and pepper for barbecue and kebab
- It is added to the olive oil sauce that accompanies fish or meat barbecues and casseroles
- Marinate chicken with a dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and oregano.
- It can be added to sautéed mushrooms and onions
- Sprinkle some oregano onto homemade garlic bread
- use 1tsp in place of 1 handful of fresh oregano
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Season this with that: a great little guide of what spices go with different foods