One of the world's most popular, well-known herbs, Oregano is grown throughout the Mediterranean and has a sweet, yet slightly bitter, savoury, herby flavour that adds warmth and fragrance to many savoury dishes like pasta, soups, stews, slow-cooks and dressings.
Oregano contains thymol and carvacrol that give it anti-bacterial effects. It functions as a potent antioxidant and a good source of fibre. Also, it is a good source of vitamin K, manganese, iron, calcium and other important minerals for health.
100% dried Oregano Leaves
Country of origin:
Grown in Greece or turkey and packed in Australia
Other names or spelling:
Rigani, Wild Marjoram, Origanum vulgare, Origanum vulgare
How to use:
- Oregano Leaves marries well with grilled dishes, stuffings, and hamburger patties
- Use in marinades, vegetables, or meatballs.
- Sprinkle in scrambled eggs or salad dressings
- Add to soups, stews, and casseroles.
- Use to flavour spaghetti bolognese, pizza, and pasta dishes.
- It works well in mashed potato and bean dishes
- Marinate chicken with a dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and oregano.
- It can be added to sautéed mushrooms and onions
- Sprinkle some oregano onto homemade garlic bread
- use 1tbsp in place of 1 handful of fresh oregano
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Season this with that: a great little guide of what spices go with different foods