White Pepper is black pepper that has been soaked to remove the outer husk. It is hotter and less fragrant than black pepper. It is one of the most versatile spices, particularly used in European cooking so as to not blemish creamy white sauces with black specs of pepper.
Pepper has Piperine compounds that improve digestion and calms nausea. Also, it is known to have anti-inflammatory, carminative, anti-flatulent properties.
100% dried Whole White Peppercorn
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling:
Black Pepper, White Pepper, Green Pepper, Pink Pepper, Piper Nigrum
How to use:
- It can be used similarly to black pepper, especially in light and white dishes for aesthetic reasons
- Use to flavour any meat or vegetables
- Use it in small quantities in sweet preparations
- Use to flavour light and cream-based sauces
- Use in mashed potatoes
- Use whole in dishes and remove before serving or grind in a mortar and pestle or pepper grinder to taste