The heart and soul of this blend comes from the African peri peri chillies which were bought back by the Portuguese explorers. This zesty spice blend is most commonly used as a spice rub on grilled chicken. With rich, smoky flavours and a little kick, this versatile spice rub can be used to jazz about just about any meat, seafood or even veg! Our Portuguese Piri Piri blend has a medium-hot heat rating.
All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative-free, additive-free, and filler-free. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Made from local and imported ingredients: Paprika, chilli, salt, pepper, lemon peel.
How to use:
- Add direct to dishes or infuse in oil
- Rub generously on a whole chicken before grilling for the classic
- Sprinkle over steaks before placing on a searing hot grill
- Mix with a little oil and rub the marinade generously over prawns before BBQing
- Mix with sour cream or greek yogurt for a zesty dip
- Add to rice before cooking so the grains are infused with Piri Piri flavour
- The fruity and acidic characteristics are perfect for slow-cooked meat dishes
- Use 1tbsp to 500g of protein
- To release the volatile oils in the spices, this blend it best added at the beginning of cooking
- Replace an array of spices in a dish with this one handy blend
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Piri Piri Chicken
Country of Origin:
Other names or spelling: