Culinary Notes: Perfect for adding a wonderful smoky flavour as well as salty umami notes, Smoked salts are sea salt flakes that have been infused with smoke from real, untreated wood and make a wonderfully unique, bold seasoning.
Health benefits: Smoked sea salt provides many health benefits due to its content of vital minerals. It is a source of iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc, and iodine.
Ingredients: 100% Australian Smoked Salt Flakes.
How to use:
- If you want that flame-grilled flavour without the hassle, smoked salt is the solution. Meat, seafood or veggies can benefit from it
- Smoked salts are a good way to beef up a snack. Sprinkle it on a grilled cheese sandwich
- Add it to a salad or fresh veggies. Throw a pinch onto melon for a salty-sweet snack.
- Try sprinkling some smoked salt on your eggs or avocado
- Add a pinch of smoked salt to your sauces, stews, marinades and soups
- Either on its own or as a part of a herb and spice rub, it goes well with all kinds of meat. Salmon, tuna, chicken, burger patties and steak are just a few examples
- You can add some smoked salt on the rim of a bloody Mary or Tommy's margarita
- Add some smoked salt to your sweet dishes. A pinch on some salted caramel ice cream works well. Other good options are to add it in a smoky bourbon syrup or to sprinkle it on some fresh fruit
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions Guide on how to season your food
Country of origin: Australia
Other names or spelling: Smoked sea salt, smoked salt flakes, smoked salt.