How to use:
- Use 1 tbsp of spice to 500g of protein
- Best added at the beginning of cooking to release the volatile oils in the spices to enjoy the full flavor
- To enrich the flavor of your dish, add tomatoes and roasted red bell peppers.
- Classic harissa paste is made by blending the harissa powder with a splash of hot water, chopped garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. This can be used as a table condiment or a rub for meats, including chicken and fish, as well as for eggplant.
- Mix with olive oil to form a smooth paste to drizzle into soups, stews, or rice dishes.
- Use to flavor couscous dishes
- Blend it into hummus to create a fresh and spicy flavored dip
- Combine yogurt and harissa to create a spicy dip or condiment
- Sprinkle Harissa on lamb, beef, fish, or chicken as a dry marinade/seasoning before roasting or grilling.
- Traditionally, brown sugar can be added to help in the caramelization of the spices. To sweeten it up or if the spice is too hot please add 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar, to 1 tablespoon of the spice blend
- Alternatively, for mild heat reduce the amount of spice to 2/3 of the recipe recommendation amount
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Tunisian Harissa Lamb Tagine with Eggplant and Potato Harissa Lamb and Lentil Stew