With a deep, rich smoky flavour, Chipotle Chillies are one of Mexico's most well-known flavours. Add to slow cooks, stews, soups, and chillies for a wonderfully nutty, spicy flavour. We harvest the chillies at their peak ripeness then dry and grind them for the best, most authentic chipotle flavour.
Chipotle Chilli has many health benefits as a good source of vitamins and minerals. It helps to reduce blood pressure, protect against heart disease, aid in weight loss, clear up various respiratory conditions, and defend against intestinal diseases. It also contains capsaicin, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, and dietary fibre, as well as vitamin A, K, C, B6, and potassium.
100% dried ground Chipotle Chillies
How to Use:
- Pair with beef, chicken and pork chops
- Use in soups, stews and casseroles
- Sprinkle to vegetables, meats, and sauces
- Stir into BBQ sauce
- Shake it onto roasted veggies
- Add in the beginning of cooking to bloom and release their volatile oils
- Its deep, smoky flavour gives a big impact so add 1/2-1tsp at a time and taste and smell as you go
- Use as a dry rub with salt over meat before grilling or roasting
- Combine with oil to create a marinade for meat or veg
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
smokey chipotle sauce
Country of origin:
Other Names or Spelling:
Aji, Red Pepper, Mild Chillies, Hot Chillies, Fruity Chillies, chilli ahumado
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Chilli is in Chipotle?
Jalapeno chillies are the Chili in Chipotle. It is basically ripened jalapeño, which is dried and smoked with wood chips for its intense spicy flavour.
2. Are chipotle chillies hot?
Absolutely! Chipotle chillies are hot, ranging from 2,500 to 8,000 Scoville Heat Units on the Scoville Scale, same as a typical Jalapeno.
3. How do you make chipotle chilli?
Remove the stems of ripened jalapenos. Remove the seeds and ribs for a mild flavour. Place them inside a smoker at 200 degrees F and add soaked wood chips. Smoke until completely dry.
4. Are chilli chipotle and ancho chilli the same?
Ancho chilli is made from poblano pepper, whereas chilli chipotle is made from jalapeno. Anchos are mildly spicy and sweeter in flavour (1000-1500 SHU), while chipotles are earthy and smokier (2500-8000 SHU).
5. Where can I buy Chilli Chipotle Powder?
You can easily find Chilli Chipotle Powder in the nearest grocery store or simply order it online from our website.