Culinary Notes :
Cinnamon Sugar is a mix of our Ground Cinnamon and the best quality fine white sugar to obtain a perfect balance of sweetness and spicy warmth used primarily in sweet dishes for both cooking and as a seasoning. Cinnamon Ground is the ground powder form of the Cinnamon Stick. It is a spice obtained from the inner bark of several tree species from the genus Cinnamomum. Cinnamon is used in both sweet and savoury foods to impart a warm spice flavour. In the Middle East it is commonly paired with meats such as chicken and lamb. The term ‘cinnamon’ also refers to its mid-brown colour.
- Great sprinkled on cakes desserts and muffins. Also, it can be used before baking them for a great caramelised crunch.
- Sprinkle over porridge, buttered toast, fruit, pancakes, ice cream and yogurt
- Add to milk shakes or smoothies and on the top of a pie or breads
- Use in sweet cocktail glasses
- Use on top of hot drinks such as hot chocolate and eggnog
All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative free, additive free, filler free and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Recipe/ product links:
Made from imported and local spices including; cinnamon and sugar.
Other names or spelling: sweet cinnamon, cinnamon n spices