Rogan Josh is a traditional Kashmiri curry, with roots in Persian cuisine. This aromatic mix of spices and herbs is cooked in butter to make a thick red sauce with an intense flavour. It is typically prepared with lamb, but goat and chicken are also used. Indian cooking is about a starting with a good spice foundation.
- Use to make curry dishes with any filling of your choice
- The Rogan Josh curry dishes are usually eaten with steamed rice, pulao (pilaf), various types of bread like naan and chapatti. They are usually complemented with a salad/dip called raita.
- The spice blend can also be used to make a spicy dip which is known as Rogan Josh curry dip. It consists of yoghurt, lime juice, coriander, garlic, onions, hot sauce and of course our Rogan Josh curry powder.
All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative free, additive free, filler free and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Recipe/ product links:
How to use:
- Use 28g of curry Indian Rogan Josh spice for 1kg chicken or lamb.
- This spice blend has a low salt content. 1g/28g spice packet
Made from imported and local spices; paprika, cloves, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, fennel, cardamom, cayenne pepper, chilli powder and Australian sea salt.
Other names or spelling: Roghan josh