Culinary Notes :
This very special blend of herbs and spices native to Ethiopia is indicative of their evocative, wonderful cuisine. This spicy, sweet, tangy, zesty blend makes the most amazing dry rub or marinade for meat, fish or vegetables as well as traditional Ethiopian curries, or just added to any dish to add a spicy, fragrant touch as well as a stunning warm red hue.
All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative free, additive free, filler free and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Made from imported and local ingredients: paprika, bell peppers, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, turmeric, cloves, allspice, cardamom, pepper, fenugreek, ginger, nutmeg, cayenne, black pepper, garlic and sea salt.
How to use:
- Use as seasoning for stews, soups, grains and vegetables
- Use 1tbsp to 500g of protein
- To release the volatile oils in the spices, this blend it best added at the beginning of cooking
- Use as a dry rub over meat before grilling or roasting for an aromatic outer crust
- Sprinkle over veg before roasting in the oven for a twist on a classic
- Replace an array of spices in a dish with this one handy blend
- Combine with lemon juice and oil to make a delicious marinade for meat or veg
- Sprinkle over prawns or fish before BBQing
- Add a dash to your rice water or stock to add a wonderful fragrance, flavour and colour
Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions
Doro Wat Authentic Ethiopian Berbere-Spiced Chicken Stew
Country of Origin:
Other names or spelling:
Ethiopian spice mix