Garlic is obtained from a perennial plant and is member of the lily family, and relative to the onions. Dried smoked garlic flakes have a smokey bitter-sweet flavour and a pungent aroma similar to fresh garlic.
Culinary Notes :
- Use Smoked garlic flakes for slow cooking as it takes about 20 minutes to release its full flavour
- If there is no liquid in the recipe, soak the garlic flakes for about 15 minutes for later sprinkle to the dish
- Use it similarly as you would use roasted garlic adding a smoky flavour
- They can be rehydrated before cooking
- Use to enhance the flavour of savoury dishes
- Use it in curries and casseroles
Garlic has antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties..
Recipe/ product links:
Country of origin:
South eastern Siberia and Mediterranean
Other names or spelling: Clown’s Treacle, Poor Man’s Treacle, Allium sativum