Greek Gyros is a traditional Greek dish made from slow cooked spiced meat served in flat bread with onion, tomato and lettuce. This delicious and all-purpose blend made from dried herbs and spices gives the traditional flavour and aroma of Greek cuisine to many dishes, both of the meat and vegetable variety. This Greek family favourite is used to season beef, pork, chicken, or lamb. The mix comprises of very traditional mediterranean herbs and spices: oregano, paprika, black pepper, cumin, sea salt, garlic and onion. For best results rub your meat of choice generously with the seasoning and a small amount of oil and roast in a deep-dish pan in a moderate oven. Cooking times and temperatures will vary depending on the size of meat. Serve atop flat bread with your desired salad ingredients, a generous dollop of tzatziki and enjoy! Traditional Greek cooking made easy.
Culinary Notes :
- Use to add Greek flavour to many dishes including kebabs and salads
- Use to season and marinade lamb, chicken, seafood and fish
- Use to make gyros sauce combining with sour cream or yogurt, cucumber and onion
- Sprinle over steaks or pork chops
- In Greek cuisine used to add flavour to moussaka and meatballs
All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative free, additive free, filler free and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Recipe/ product links:
How to use:
- Use 2 tbsps. mix to 1kg of meat. Cook meat with olive oil, 1 chopped onion, and juice of a lemon. Serve with minted yoghurt and condiments for wraps.
Ingredients: Oregano, paprika, black pepper, cumin, sea salt, garlic and onion.
Other names or spelling: greek seasoning