Culinary Notes: Our Indian Butter Chicken curry is a delicious spice blend made up of Indian herbs and spices. It is quite mild, emphasising the beautifully fragrant spices and the deliciously intense rich sauce. The mild flavour of Indian butter chicken makes it suitable for the whole family and is particularly popular with children. It is best used after toasting it off in the pan on a low heat before adding your other ingredients to awaken all the wonderful aromas. As the spice blend is not traditionally a hot one, many add Cayenne pepper to intensify its heat. Our blend is a traditional one comprising of garam masala, paprika, turmeric, chilli powder, fenugreek, cardamom, nutmeg and sea salt. Garnishes can then include butter, cream, green chillies, coriander, and fenugreek, mimicking the flavours in the curry itself.
Health benefits: All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative-free, additive-free, filler-free and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Ingredients: garam masala, paprika, turmeric, chilli powder, fenugreek, cardamom, nutmeg and sea salt (9.8%).
How to use:
- Butter chicken is a mild blend but you can add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to spice it up
- Use 1tbsp to 500g of protein
- To release the volatile oils in the spices, this blend it best added at the beginning of cooking
- Use as a dry rub over meat before grilling or roasting for an aromatic outer crust
- Sprinkle over veg before roasting in the oven for a twist on a classic
- Replace an array of spices in a dish with this one handy blend
- Combine with oil to create a beautiful marinade for meat, fish, seafood, or veg
Recipe/product links: Click below or scan the QR code on the back of your product packet to find recipes and how-to-use instructions Indian Butter Chicken Aromatic Butter Chicken The Spice People and My Market Kitchen Butter Chicken Wings video Creamy Indian Butter Fish
Country of Origin: Made in Australia from imported and local spices:
Other names or spelling: Murg makhani masala - masala butter chicken, very similar to chicken tikka