English Lavender flower buds are a member of the mint family. It has a floral sweet and slightly citrus flavour. Dried lavender buds are used to add colour and flavour to many savoury and sweet dishes. It is used in baked goods or as a garnish. Also, it is key ingredient in our Herbs de Provence blend.
Culinary Notes :
- Use as a garnish or in a potpourri craft
- Use in sauces, wines, teas and custards
- Use for baking goods as biscuits, meringues, cakes, mousses and ice cream
- Use as a rosemary substitute
- Use to make relaxing lavender tea
Lavender has many health benefits. It can help with sleep and anxiety. It has antibacterial, antiseptic and analgesic properties.
Recipe/ product links:
Country of origin:
Other names or spelling: English Lavender, Lavendula angustifolia