Culinary Notes :
Derived from the Spanish word ‘adobar’, meaning ‘to marinate’, Mexican Adobo Seasoning is a staple in Latin American and Mexican cooking. This flavourful blend is as versatile as it is delicious with a myriad of uses that extend beyond its namesake and can be added to just about any dish to add a big hit of flavour. Our version of Mexican Adobo Seasoning is a mild one making it suitable for the whole family.
Ideas for use:
- Mix with olive oil, orange or lime juice to create a wet marinade that can be used to coat meat, fish or seafood before grilling or roasting.
- Sprinkle over veggies before roasting.
- Rub over corn cobs with olive oil before placing on a hot grill.
- Add to a tomato or vegetable soup in the beginning stage to release the essential oils in the spices.
- Rub over meat before placing in the slow cooker with stock and veggies for a wonderful Mexican-inspired stew.
All of our blends are full of spices that are beneficial to your health. They are preservative free, additive free, filler free and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
Recipe/ product links:
How to use:
Use dry to taste or mix with oil to create a marinade.
Made from imported and local spices including:
Sweet paprika, turmeric, sea salt( 9g), cumin, garlic, onion, oregano, black pepper, ancho chilli pepper, lemon peel. NO sugar, additives,or preservatives.