This delicate blend of 14 different herbs and spices adds that fragrant warmth we all know and love from Moroccan cuisine. Sweet, savoury, and oh-so-delicious, The sweetness comes from nutmeg, cassia, sweet paprika, and allspice; Savouriness from sea salt, fennel, caraway, and cumin; Warmth from cayenne, turmeric, galangal, and ginger, and a herby fragrance from coriander this perfectly balanced blend is so versatile and can be used in soups, stews, marinades, or to season couscous or rice dishes.
Our blends are preservative-free, additive-free, filler-free, and contain low or zero salt. The intense flavour from our spice blends means a little goes a long way.
turmeric, cumin, sweet paprika, ginger, sea salt( 8%), fennel, coriander, cayenne, cassia, allspice, cardamom, nutmeg, galangal, and caraway.
Other Names or Spelling:
Ras el Hanout, "head of the shop", Morrocan spice
How to Use:
To see the complete list of the recipes to make with our Moroccan spice click here.
- Used as a base for a marinade for fish, chicken, and lamb
- Use to season casseroles, tagines, and soups
- Use it in meatballs, vegetable dishes, spiced couscous, and curries
- Use 1tbsp to 500g of protein
- To release the volatile oils in the spices, this blend it best added at the beginning of cooking
- Use as a dry rub over meat before grilling or roasting for an aromatic outer crust
- Sprinkle over veg before roasting in the oven for a twist on a classic
- Replace an array of spices in a dish with this one handy blend